Nitto Warranty and Service Policy
This policy applies to all tyres bearing the Nitto Tyres brand and serial number that are imported and distributed by Nitto Tyres Australia Limited, and sold by Nitto Tyres’ authorised resellers in Australia.
Nitto Tyres (PCR & SUV) Warranty
Nitto Tyres passenger, sports utility vehicle and light truck products are warranted against defects in workmanship or materials for the original usable tread life.
Materials And Workmanship Warranty
- Out of balance or out of round adjustments will only be accepted during the first 1mm of original tread depth.
- Original usable tread is defined as the original tread down to 1.6mm remaining tread, at which time the product is considered worn out.
- When the product is judged defective, pro-rata compensation will be made for the remaining tread depth against the original tread depth.
Exclusions And Limitations
- Products branded ‘N/A’ (No Adjustment) are not adjustable under this warranty.
- Warranties do not cover damage due to road hazards (e.g. cut, snag, bruise, impact or puncture).
- Warranties do not cover damage due to misalignment, improper inflation, overloading, wheel imbalance, theft, defective mechanical conditions (such as brakes, shock absorber or rims), wreck or collision, wilful damage or abuse.
- Warranties do not cover damage due to use of an improper inner tube, such as the use of non-radial tube, or with a valve not recommended by Nitto Tyres.
- Adjustments are based on the warranty, which was valid and in effect at the time the product was purchased.
- All implied warranties, any warranty of merchandising or of suitability for a particular purpose, are expressly limited to the duration of this written warranty.
- All obligations or liabilities for incidental or consequential damages are hereby excluded.
You must present the product for adjustment to an authorised Nitto Tyres reseller or Nitto Tyres Australia, together with further information as Nitto Tyres may reasonably request for properly processing the warranty claim form.
Nitto Tyres will be the final arbiter of fact as to the cause of product failure.
Goods Return Policy For Nitto PCR & SUV Tyres
- Return of goods supplied in error will be accepted under the following conditions:
- Notification of an error in supply must be advised to the Nitto Tyres distribution centre from which product was supplied within one (1) Nitto Tyres working day of delivery.
- Return shall be at Nitto Tyres’ cost utilising Nitto Tyres’ nominated carrier.
- Return of goods correctly supplied in good condition as per purchaser’s order, either written or oral, will only be accepted under the following conditions:
- Return authorisation must be requested from Nitto Tyres within three (3) Nitto Tyres working days of delivery.
- Return authorisation must be granted by the Nitto Tyres distribution centre from which product was supplied.
- Return goods must be received by Nitto Tyres’ supplying distribution centre within five (5) Nitto Tyres working days of return authorisation being granted.
- Freight charges, both inwards and outwards, shall be at the purchaser’s cost.
- Goods must be received by Nitto Tyres in good condition (credit will not be approved for damaged goods).
- An administration charge of 10% of original net invoice value may apply as a deduction from the credit value, plus any applicable GST. No cash refund will be payable to the purchaser.